Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Is Here

I woke up to rain this morning and a damp coolness in the apartment. Leaves are falling off the trees outside the apartment, giving a sure sign that fall is really here. For the next few days, the forecast calls for cool temperatures.

Yesterday a friend of mine emailed me and asked if I would be at the coffee shop. I replied with a yes because we always have such good conversation. When I first met her she had difficulty understanding and speaking English, but after spending four months on a daily basis talking with me and others she is now an easy one to have conversation with. There were several others at the table who were easy to have conversation with and so together we had a great time.

It was an effective evening and I believe some work was accomplished. I would like to write much more about it, to bring you into the richness of the time and draw out some application for our lives, but feel that I cannot at this time.