(Continued from last entry) As soon as class started it was like we had shifted back in time to the end of July of 2007 when I had finished teaching a long series of classes and it was time for me to return to the states. It was the same students and, as soon as we started, Joy came to life and off we went.
The topic was the tongue or the things we say and their affect and our needed control. I had 60 slides and was able to time them out so we finished right at 11, with a ten minute break at ten. During the break I showed the video of the choir number I recorded on a previous Sunday. Since the choir is in this class they love to see themselves perform.
I love teaching a class like this one because nearly everyone comes with a notebook and takes notes. They are so attentive, acting as though they were starved and wanted to hear more.
I aimed for eleven to end, but Joy had other plans. I could sense as I taught with her that something was happening inside her. She turned to me and said that she wanted to lead the class in prayer. She did and then she led the class in a chorus, which brought tears to your eyes. She then asked everyone to pray out loud by themselves. Joy, standing next to me, prayed and I could tell in my spirit that something had taken place during the lesson. I really felt His presence as she prayed. When she finished she asked me to pray and class finally ended. It was clear that everyone was moved this morning. I knew this was exactly where I was supposed to be. It was a very special time and everyone is looking forward to next Tuesday.
But for Joy and I, class was not over. She turned to me and said, “I have been praying that I would know what I was suppose to work on in my life and as we taught together I could sense Him telling me it was about the things I say. I am not careful enough about the words I choose and He wants me to be more careful.” For her it was a very special morning.
The topic was the tongue or the things we say and their affect and our needed control. I had 60 slides and was able to time them out so we finished right at 11, with a ten minute break at ten. During the break I showed the video of the choir number I recorded on a previous Sunday. Since the choir is in this class they love to see themselves perform.
I love teaching a class like this one because nearly everyone comes with a notebook and takes notes. They are so attentive, acting as though they were starved and wanted to hear more.
I aimed for eleven to end, but Joy had other plans. I could sense as I taught with her that something was happening inside her. She turned to me and said that she wanted to lead the class in prayer. She did and then she led the class in a chorus, which brought tears to your eyes. She then asked everyone to pray out loud by themselves. Joy, standing next to me, prayed and I could tell in my spirit that something had taken place during the lesson. I really felt His presence as she prayed. When she finished she asked me to pray and class finally ended. It was clear that everyone was moved this morning. I knew this was exactly where I was supposed to be. It was a very special time and everyone is looking forward to next Tuesday.
But for Joy and I, class was not over. She turned to me and said, “I have been praying that I would know what I was suppose to work on in my life and as we taught together I could sense Him telling me it was about the things I say. I am not careful enough about the words I choose and He wants me to be more careful.” For her it was a very special morning.
