Monday morning the staff from the coffee shop came to my apartment to view the Passion. Since I have a projector, it makes a nice six foot image on my white concrete wall. After the film two of the staff left but three others stayed to talk about the film and ask some questions they had. We had a great time of fellowship, which led us up to lunch time. I try to take a small group out to eat each week and decided to take these three employees. We went to the simple restaurant across the street and had a great lunch together. It was nearly two before we finished. They had to be at work by two and I decided to catch a bus for a leisurely ride across town to take some pictures for this blog. Maintaining a blog with at least some interest requires, I find, commitment and endurance.
Since I am really interested in the landscaping they are doing here I thought I would have a short series. Today I went to where they had just removed some old buildings and planted many trees. In the picture below, the buildings in the background are going to be torn down and replaced by trees. Good bricks are removed from the building and the old mortar removed by workers chipping it off from each brick. Notice how the trees are wrapped with straw rope and braced.

In the picture below, the building in the background will be torn down and replaced by more trees like those shown. All along this main city street, old buildings are being town down and replaced by roadside parks. With trees, grass and other plants, these parks really enhance the drive or walk along the streets they boarder.

I turned around and took the picture below. There were many more trees.

The trees in the next picture were planted about six months ago. The one in the middle is pretty good size and seems to be determined to get on in life and provide some shade one day. It kind of gives meaning to, “A new start in life.”

The next picture shows what one year will do. Two years ago, old buildings were being torn down, soil hauled in, and next came the trees, producing a very nice place to relax.

Since I am really interested in the landscaping they are doing here I thought I would have a short series. Today I went to where they had just removed some old buildings and planted many trees. In the picture below, the buildings in the background are going to be torn down and replaced by trees. Good bricks are removed from the building and the old mortar removed by workers chipping it off from each brick. Notice how the trees are wrapped with straw rope and braced.

In the picture below, the building in the background will be torn down and replaced by more trees like those shown. All along this main city street, old buildings are being town down and replaced by roadside parks. With trees, grass and other plants, these parks really enhance the drive or walk along the streets they boarder.

I turned around and took the picture below. There were many more trees.

The trees in the next picture were planted about six months ago. The one in the middle is pretty good size and seems to be determined to get on in life and provide some shade one day. It kind of gives meaning to, “A new start in life.”

The next picture shows what one year will do. Two years ago, old buildings were being torn down, soil hauled in, and next came the trees, producing a very nice place to relax.


No comments:
Post a Comment