Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What A Day – Part 4

As I emailed the last entry to Phil, back in the states, to post, I noticed that Tom had responded to my email to him. I thought you would enjoy our emails and have included them below:

Hi Tom,

What a pleasure it was to meet you and spend time with you. I look forward to being with you again. The experience together with family was very special for me and I felt very honored.

Thanks again for the great time I had.

Steve

Dear Steve:

It is really a pleasant thing to gather together like families! We can feel the trust and warm care deeply in your heart, and I do appreciate what you have done for Emmy and Chinese kids.

What you have been doing makes the world so wonderful! I need to stay closer to you guys and keep on learning and growing and smiling.

Thanks a lot and cannot wait to see you soonest!

Cheers, Tom

It is my prayer that these “What A Day” entries have given you just a taste of why I desire to spend time here in China. You can have all the things money can buy, even things you buy on credit because you think you have to have them now, but I promise you, money will not buy the depth of experience and joy I am having here. Life is not easy for me here, but it is teaching me how little I can get along with and find real meaning and purpose in life.

When the time comes to meet this Christian family that manufactures windmills, I wonder what I will experience then. I wonder what God has planned for the next four months. If the first day is any indication, then it is going to be really something. I wonder how all this will fit into my request for him to make me more humble, meek and gentle. What have you asked God to do in your life that might require some suffering before you realize it? Are you willing to pay the price God requires to become more like Jesus?

No comments: