In our last entry, it was suggested that Christianity is not the problem in China, but that which is being done in secret. Is the answer, “More Freedom” or “Less Secrecy?” More freedom can’t come without restraint as long as sin exists. Less secrecy can reduce fear. How does this apply to me and my concern?
Currently I have a blog that is password protected and I am engaged in an activity in which students have questions about Christianity. Does the fact that I am writing a blog that is not open, raise possible suspicion about any conversation I might have about Christianity or any other subjects? That is my concern.
I know we all have information that is personal and should be protected from public consumption. My blog is supposed to be a record to my supporters of my activities and other points of interest, but I have a growing feeling that my password might suggest to some that I might have something to hide. The closer I get to Emmy’s family the more this bothers me as I believe it is beginning to compromise my witness. I believe an open blog, responsively written could be my greatest asset and protection. It would reflect who I am and what I am doing. I am here to have conversations with English speaking Chinese students and answer any question in such a way to enhance understanding and reduce division. I want to learn all I can about their culture and help those in the west understand the differences.
I believe I have lived here long enough to have learned how to write responsively and I believe those writings could be a greater benefit to more people if the blog was open. I have made a copy of the blog for historical record and am preparing to delete everything before April 1, 2008. I am doing that to remove any possible reference to people and places that could affect them. This blog is to be about me and what I am doing and seeing. I want to live as a responsible Christian that has nothing to hide. My life here is to be a public record in the lives of people and in my writings. I believe Paul and Jesus lived that way. It changed the world, but it also cost them their lives.
Currently I have a blog that is password protected and I am engaged in an activity in which students have questions about Christianity. Does the fact that I am writing a blog that is not open, raise possible suspicion about any conversation I might have about Christianity or any other subjects? That is my concern.
I know we all have information that is personal and should be protected from public consumption. My blog is supposed to be a record to my supporters of my activities and other points of interest, but I have a growing feeling that my password might suggest to some that I might have something to hide. The closer I get to Emmy’s family the more this bothers me as I believe it is beginning to compromise my witness. I believe an open blog, responsively written could be my greatest asset and protection. It would reflect who I am and what I am doing. I am here to have conversations with English speaking Chinese students and answer any question in such a way to enhance understanding and reduce division. I want to learn all I can about their culture and help those in the west understand the differences.
I believe I have lived here long enough to have learned how to write responsively and I believe those writings could be a greater benefit to more people if the blog was open. I have made a copy of the blog for historical record and am preparing to delete everything before April 1, 2008. I am doing that to remove any possible reference to people and places that could affect them. This blog is to be about me and what I am doing and seeing. I want to live as a responsible Christian that has nothing to hide. My life here is to be a public record in the lives of people and in my writings. I believe Paul and Jesus lived that way. It changed the world, but it also cost them their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment