It was one of those gray overcast days, following an all night rain, and I was sitting in front of my laptop working on emails to various people located at different parts of the world. As I thought about what I was writing I became aware of a constant marching instructions coming from the courtyard below my balcony. It was the same two or three instructions and went on for some time. This was not a new experience because the space is often used to train new guards. I finally had to get up and investigate, and I was surprised at what I saw.

Below me were young ladies being trained. I have seen well over 100 young men go through training, but never young ladies. I find it interesting to watch them because of the precision they train to achieve. The person in the suit had a plastic wand in his right hand and would come and touch the one needing to adjust. Notice the person next to the far end whose arm was too low. He came up to correct her. Various body parts had to form perfect lines. They train to move as one unit and when they do it is impressive to watch. They will train there every day for several weeks and march around the apartment complex.
There are tens of thousands being trained all around China in preparation for the Olympics. I am very concerned for the safety of the games. Terrorist are working on ways to get into the games with guns and explosives to kill and destroy. You should pray that these games don’t somehow get cancelled because of violence. If they do it would be a terrible loss for the Chinese citizen. These games are a source of great pride for them and would be a horrible loss if for some reason they were not played. It would also create a political strain between the east and the west that would be difficult to live with.
I learned this morning, from a Chinese source, that if I were applying for the visa I currently hold, it would be denied. My visa came through an open window and my flight was between two groups of cancellations. I am glad to be here and am praying that pressure doesn’t build to cause us to leave as we near game time. We have lost some of our people at other locations.

Below me were young ladies being trained. I have seen well over 100 young men go through training, but never young ladies. I find it interesting to watch them because of the precision they train to achieve. The person in the suit had a plastic wand in his right hand and would come and touch the one needing to adjust. Notice the person next to the far end whose arm was too low. He came up to correct her. Various body parts had to form perfect lines. They train to move as one unit and when they do it is impressive to watch. They will train there every day for several weeks and march around the apartment complex.
There are tens of thousands being trained all around China in preparation for the Olympics. I am very concerned for the safety of the games. Terrorist are working on ways to get into the games with guns and explosives to kill and destroy. You should pray that these games don’t somehow get cancelled because of violence. If they do it would be a terrible loss for the Chinese citizen. These games are a source of great pride for them and would be a horrible loss if for some reason they were not played. It would also create a political strain between the east and the west that would be difficult to live with.

No comments:
Post a Comment