We had just finished our meeting about Emmy’s future and they asked me if I would go to dinner with them where we could just enjoy being together, Chinese style. They knew I was very tired and they promised they would not keep me long. I said yes and we prepared to leave. Emmy called her dad and he shortly knocks on the door and we all prepare to leave.
We walk out to the front gate where his SUV was parked, having a great time of fellowship along the way. Emmy’s dad drove us to a restaurant, located about a mile down the street from where I live. We had a private room and were served some of my favorite dishes. I had been out to dinner with Emmy and other friends and she remembered what I liked and insisted those dishes be ordered.
The conversation was family focused with Tom doing a great job of translating. Tom talked about the business he is in and then shared about a close friend of his from the US who owns a business near his that makes windmills. These windmills are purchased by Christians in the US and the company places them in rural areas of China where people need safe drinking water. Tom knows this is a Christian operation and thinks it is for a good cause. Tom wants to set up a meeting so all of us can meet this family. Tom knows that I am a Christian and what I really am doing here and he thinks it is ok.
As we talked he kept bringing up God and asked me about my teaching experience at the church here in Wuhan. He knew about this because Emmy had gone to church with me there. I shared the story of how my interpreter felt that God had prepared me and brought me half way around the world to fulfill a childhood dream she had. In her dream she saw that she was to learn English and then would someday use it to teach Bible lessons as an interpreter. As she worked with me she realized that her dream had been fulfilled.
Tom shared this story in Chinese, causing Emmy’s mother to get really excited. It seems she also had a dream and wanted to share it. Before the dream, Emmy sent me an email asking for some important information. That night, in the dream, her mother saw me sending a reply to the email. She saw it come like a missile around the earth and land in their computer. In the morning she asked Emmy to check my email that had been sent. Emmy insisted that I could not have responded yet, and usually I don’t respond that quickly, but this time I did. Emmy looked and to her surprise she found my response. Her mother said, “See I told you.” She was really excited that her dream was true and that it involved me and now I was here with them. Tom said that he felt that this dream must be of God.
There is more to this story. Much more!
There is more to this story. Much more!

No comments:
Post a Comment