Breakfast was over, the dishes washed, and I was on my way to the bus stop to catch a 510 to church. I didn’t take my camera this morning because I would be traveling by bus and taxi after church to meet up with Luke, my old roommate from last year. As I walked into church I groaned, because the family of eight girls and one boy were up front, with their parents, leading the pre-service worship time. What a talented musical group they are.
When they finished they came back and sat down in the row behind me. Service started and continued for nearly two hours, all in Chinese of course. At the end of the service two of the girls gave me a sheet of paper, shown below, summarizing the service for me in English. They wanted to be sure I got something out of the sermon. The summary came from Mary Danielle and Loice Rochelle, who are 9 and 10 ½, respectively. For two children that age, I think it is a very good summary.

After church I managed to find a taxi to take me across town to meet Luke at Alha, an Hawaiian–American Restaurant. We had a great talk as we ate some wonderful food. We spent almost two hours there and then he rode his bike home and I took bus 596, which would take me to where I could get a 510 or a 522 to the bus stop at my apartment.
After about an hour I was at a place where I knew I could get a 510 and got off. Right behind the bus I just got off was another bus with a ten at the end of the number. My brain saw 510 and I thanked the lord for providing and I got on to enjoy the last 40 minutes of bus riding. Everything was going fine when I noticed the bus was in a right turn lane and made a right hand turn. That is when I realized I was not be on a 510 but something else. I knew where I was so I stayed on until it made another right. That was not good, so I got off and noticed that it was a 710. I still figured I knew where I was so I crossed the road to the bus stop there. I could ride the 710 back to the first right turn and go from there, or I could take a taxi, or I could try another bus going in the direction that I thought was toward home.
A 529 came along and I found myself getting on. It kept going in the right direction and after about 30 minutes it made a right turn and I knew it was time to get off. It was a good location as I was just one bus stop from my apartment. Just a short walk and I was home. I enjoy an adventure like that and I don’t mind standing body to body, as I had to on these three busses. You get to enjoy culture and smells up close that way.
To be continued.
When they finished they came back and sat down in the row behind me. Service started and continued for nearly two hours, all in Chinese of course. At the end of the service two of the girls gave me a sheet of paper, shown below, summarizing the service for me in English. They wanted to be sure I got something out of the sermon. The summary came from Mary Danielle and Loice Rochelle, who are 9 and 10 ½, respectively. For two children that age, I think it is a very good summary.

After church I managed to find a taxi to take me across town to meet Luke at Alha, an Hawaiian–American Restaurant. We had a great talk as we ate some wonderful food. We spent almost two hours there and then he rode his bike home and I took bus 596, which would take me to where I could get a 510 or a 522 to the bus stop at my apartment.
After about an hour I was at a place where I knew I could get a 510 and got off. Right behind the bus I just got off was another bus with a ten at the end of the number. My brain saw 510 and I thanked the lord for providing and I got on to enjoy the last 40 minutes of bus riding. Everything was going fine when I noticed the bus was in a right turn lane and made a right hand turn. That is when I realized I was not be on a 510 but something else. I knew where I was so I stayed on until it made another right. That was not good, so I got off and noticed that it was a 710. I still figured I knew where I was so I crossed the road to the bus stop there. I could ride the 710 back to the first right turn and go from there, or I could take a taxi, or I could try another bus going in the direction that I thought was toward home.
A 529 came along and I found myself getting on. It kept going in the right direction and after about 30 minutes it made a right turn and I knew it was time to get off. It was a good location as I was just one bus stop from my apartment. Just a short walk and I was home. I enjoy an adventure like that and I don’t mind standing body to body, as I had to on these three busses. You get to enjoy culture and smells up close that way.
To be continued.

No comments:
Post a Comment