Saturday was not a productive day. I
had worked hard long days all week, the temperature was above 90 degrees Fahrenheit,
and here on the deck I had the sun bearing down on me, its reflection off the
side of the house and off the floor. With no breeze the temperature was just
above 100 where I was working and with my lack of energy the day proved to be a
down day from a work standpoint. In fact it was all I could do to put one heavy
work shoe ahead of the other. I am sure looking forward to Sunday when I can
get my feet off the floor and the rest of me closer to the floor. However, I
did accomplish some work and will show what I did to keep you up to date.
Standing back at the back entrance I
took a picture of the short wall at the stairs and the closet over the end of the
stairs. Rachael is considering having shelves built along these walls for her
many cookbooks.
I still have an hour or two of work
to do here, but that will have to wait until Monday morning. The white space
containing the window and the door will be torn out as soon as I get the roof
on and the windows in place, but before the drywall is hung. You may be looking
at the floor at the old doorway and think that my calculations were off. The
new floor is about two inches higher that the old kitchen floor, but the same
elevation as the living room floor. As part of this project, when the old
kitchen is replaced with the new we will be raising the old kitchen floor to
the same elevation as the living room and new addition floor. Actually, we will
level the floor as it slopes where it shouldn’t.
Now that I have worked myself to the
point where I can hardly put one work shoe in front of the other, what is planed
when Jon returns from a week of vacation and I have had a chance to recharge my
energy on Sunday? I plan to find a lawn chair, a nice spot in the shade, a nice
big can of 50% tea and lemonade that my brother introduced me to and give
directions. Those who know me know that will not happen. Plans are to start
sheathing the outside walls sometime Monday in preparation for putting up the
roof trusts. Delivery of the trusts is expected the first part of the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment