Friday, July 22, 2011

On the Roof

Wednesday was a very productive hot day in the upper 90’s with humidity at 85 percent. I spent the morning inside the house doing odd jobs and then after lunch when it was getting really hot out I headed for the roof to enjoy the extra heat; “Really?” I needed to build the short ridge and attached rafters to tie the two roofs together.


Several sheets are just lying there when this picture was taken.


Shortly after Jon got home from work we were ready to bring up a few more sheets. We apparently shifted into high gear because in the next 90 minutes Jon carried up 20 sheets and we covered the roof over the main house. We installed all the dark colored sheets in those 90 minutes; A good job.

Thursday we broke a temperature record and since I had more inside work I could do I didn’t go up on the roof. I will go up there and work Friday morning and probably stay up there during the afternoon.


When I came home Thursday for supper I saw these big round bales of straw on the field behind the house on our farm.


The diameter of those round bales is about six feet. There is a lot of straw rolled up in them.

No comments: