Thursday, July 21, 2011

Several Jobs

I had this blog entry ready for posting on Wednesday but the Internet was down so I couldn’t post. I am now a day behind, but I will get caught up.
It was a very hot clear day. The thermometer at the pool read 100 most of the afternoon, but I still got much done.


I finally got the support under the trusses over the patio and did some additional plumbing and bracing of truss.


When Jon got home from work at 3:30 we built the overhang for the east side of the south end of the roof. This kind of a job goes so much faster with two people.


I simply love to see all the pieces coming together to make a house. In this picture the trusses over the patio step up one foot as they cross over the kitchen area.


The overhang Jon and I were building is now being attached to the end of the roof area. When I built my house in Texas I built and put these overhangs up myself. It sure is easier with two people.


There that is done. Tomorrow I will build the left one.


We had time to put down the first row of sheathing. I am standing there in the hot sun admiring the work.


Tomorrow I have to build the valley that connects the two roofs. I am getting kind of old to do this kind of work, but I sure enjoy working out here in the hot sun all day putting this building together. There is much satisfaction to be able to stand where I am and see what I have done with my hands.

No comments: