Sunday morning at one AM, Jon hears
the horrible noise of chickens and coons so he jumps out of bed grabs his
flashlight and his 22 and heads outside to see what was going on. He finds
everything secure at the hen house and follows his ears to the sound of the
coons and finds three pair of eyes up in the pine trees, where the hammock is
located, reflecting light from his flashlight. Jon aims his gun at one pair of
eyes and shoots; bam, screech, thump. One is on the ground screeching and crawling
away, but Jon leaves him and aims at another pair of eyes looking down at him;
bam, thump. The next pair of eyes; bam, thump and the last one is on the
ground. As Jon shot the last two the first managed to crawl off into the
neighbors bushes and stopped squawking, but Jon couldn’t find him in the
darkness so he went back into the house and crawled back into bed and said, “Rocky,
I did it for you and the hens you were protecting.”
Rocky is the big one in the middle. Also
in that last blog entry was the question, “When does a fertilized egg become a
chicken?” Did you ever figure that one out?
Sunday was truly a day of rest. I
was so tired that I slept for an hour before church, slept through the sermon,
slept for an hour after church when I got home and then slept for another three
hours after my noon meal. I was just totally worn out.
Monday morning was very wet, but I
managed to keep busy doing odd jobs. After lunch the sun came out and it got
hot and very humid. I moved outside and started work on the roof over the front
entrance.
I figured out where the support beam
was to go and got it located. Next I have got to install ceiling joists and
extend the truss tails down to the beam.
On Saturday Jon and I sealed most of
the roof. The shingles are to be delivered Tuesday afternoon. The kids are
enjoying the pool.
Another view of the new addition.
The kids are still enjoying the pool.
Back to the front for a shot from
the street. The little old house is growing into a pretty large place.


No comments:
Post a Comment