Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Garage Framing

With backfilling done we could now use a heavy rain to settle the fill, but the forecast doesn’t have rain listed; just hot and humid.


As I backed up to the garage Saturday morning it looked the same as it did Friday afternoon when I left. My goal for Saturday was to change that.


I wasn’t alone on Saturday as Jon’s chickens kept me company most of the day. This one seems to be inspecting my work and lays brown eggs. I had a few odd jobs to do in the morning, but the afternoon was spent laying out and constructing the north garage wall. 


I started layout for the back wall, but ran out of time. I plan to put the north wall up Monday morning and then construct the remaining walls for the garage.


Back on the family farm where I am staying the wheat is turning color quickly and will soon be ready to harvest. There has been plenty of moisture this spring, resulting in large full heads. It will be a good harvest, if the weather stays dry through harvest. As soon as the wheat is harvested the corn will need rain to continue its growth.

No comments: