Saturday was an unusual day for this
location. Working on the roof of the garage it felt more like Texas or Arizona
than western New York. The sun actually burned and the hammer at my side got so
hot the metal head would burn my arm if I touched it. I had two guys help with
the sheathing, but now it was three in the afternoon and they were gone and I
had 40 4 by 8 foot sheets to nail down before I went home. I load up with
nails, grab my nail gun and head for the roof. Two hours later I crawl back
down, pick up my tools and head home to shower up and then go next door to have
supper with my brother and his wife.
I stood behind a tree next to a pile
of top soil to shoot this picture of the garage. I think it is looking pretty
good. Before long it will have shingles on the top and vinyl siding on the
walls. Inside there is a need for a concrete floor and drywall. In addition to
that there is two service doors, a window and the 18 foot garage door. All of
that sounds like work.
As you can see the pool is full of
water. A short time ago there were nine kids, all preteens, in there and I was
up on the roof dying from the heat and old age, but the building project is
coming along.
This week I plan to get the supports
in above the patio so I can roof this end. As I worked here today a farmer
stopped by the farm and combined the wheat. Denny went out and took some
pictures.
The grain head cuts 30 feet at a
time so it didn’t take very long to do our field.
Big combines takes big trucks to
haul away the grain.
There, all done.

No comments:
Post a Comment