Friday, July 15, 2011

I Am Tired

As you saw in the last blog entry we put up the truss over the main living area. This morning we put up the truss over the garage area and then used the afternoon to brace them properly and do some other odd jobs.


That was a lot of hard lifting, but we got them up, placed and braced. They sure add character to the building.


A view from behind the garage showing that perspective. 


It makes me tired just looking at all the lumber we lifted up there, but it sure makes a cool picture.


There sure is a lot of work to do yet and next week I will be alone again with Jon back to work and Adam off to camp.


If we are going to put a roof over those truss we will need more lumber.


You are going to do what? You are going to dumb it in a pile? Stand back!


Ops; that wasn’t supposed to happen like that. Everything was supposed to slide off the back of the truck in a nice neat pile, but they didn’t. We had to hand stack them so the truck could get away. It sure is a long way from these piles of lumber to the top of the garage or to the far end of the roof. I think I am getting too old for this kind of work. I think teaching Bible in China is just a little easier. Just a little.

No comments: