Jon and I worked on siding under the
patio. We didn’t finish because we were missing a window. We started the
afternoon by picking up things around the front door so we could dig the ditch
to the road tomorrow. After that we dug in the front patio area to install some
foam insulation and then to determine the location of the sewer pipe to be
installed for the new addition. While I did that Jon worked with the kitchen
cabinet installer as he reviewed the order.
The cabinets were taken out of the
boxes, checked over to get ready to install them in about two weeks.
The boxes ended up outside where the
kids used them to make houses out of.
Inside Rachael and a friend were at
the point of tears as they painted. It was harder and went slower than they had
hoped for. There is much frustration ahead before this project is finished.
This will be compounded when I have to leave in two weeks to drive to Texas and
get ready to fly to China for two months.
There will be a sewer line place in
the ditch that I am digging. I dug just the first few feet. Hopefully tomorrow
morning the big backhoe will come to finish my work and dig a much deeper ditch
beside mine all the way to the road.
Must have the correct depth and
slope.
Here I am, back on the end of a
shovel again.
Those two windows we have been
waiting for all summer finally came today.
That big one goes right there. Maybe
we can get it installed tomorrow.
Here is where they live at the end
of the street.
But there is a trail that goes back
in those trees. The roadway to the right goes to a farmer’s field.
Let us follow the path.
The railroad is at the end of the path.
There are usually trains going up
and down the tracks all the time, but today there was almost no traffic. The
hurricane apparently damaged the tracks east of here because there were two
trains that went east this morning loaded with stone. There is no passenger
service to New York this week.
If you stand in Jon’s driveway and
look straight ahead you might see a train going by.















No comments:
Post a Comment