My fuel must have been very low
octane on Monday because it was hard to keep going, but push on I did. I find
that my energy level has some relationship to the trains running next door. The
street Jon lives on dead ends at the railroad and he is the last house so we
are close. The railroad is a double track and connects the upper east coast
with the Midwest. As a result it is usually quite busy. Just before the storm
struck the east coast, traffic on the railroad was the highest I have ever seen
it. They were apparently trying to clear the container ships and the ports and
get the merchandise inland. There were times we would count three trains in the
space of ten minutes. The storm hit on Sunday and on Monday we counted only
four freight trains all day and they were short ones with one or two engines; none
with five to seven engines.
Even though the trains had a day off
we kept working. With Jon on vacation this week I have a helper. We finished
the south end of the house and the ceiling above the pool deck.
That sure looks nice.
Where the two buildings were joined
we had to do some repair work. While Jon worked on that last piece of fascia I
worked on that last piece of old siding.
Once he got that piece up on top
done Jon worked on the south fascia.
After I got the piece measured and
cut I had Jon nail it in.
I went to the front of the house and
cleared more soil from the top of the septic tank. We are going to have it
pumped on Tuesday. I learned that it had been twelve years since it was done
and told them to do it now. I hope it is not too late. When I opened it up what
I saw was not good; not good at all. With their use level it should be pumped
at least every two years.
Again, I find myself on the end of a
shovel. The guy with the camera sure has the easy job around here.








No comments:
Post a Comment