Thursday, August 11, 2011, was like
a fall day in Texas. People who live here say it was an ideal day. For me I was
cold most of the day and should have worn long pants instead of shorts. The
furnace installer wore a sweat band on his head to collect his sweat and I had
on my long sleeve shirt to keep down the shivering. I sure do like the hot
weather.
I was given the lock sets for the
doors so I installed them and did some other minor jobs and then went to lunch
with Brother Jim. After lunch he went to get some plumbing supplies and rented
an impact drill to drill a hole in the masonry wall for the water line that has
been draped through the window opening. I got our backhoe and dug out the old
water line and made space so we could get it through the wall.
Jon just got home from work and
looks over what I have done and asks if he can help.
We sure have used the backhoe on
many family projects. It sure beats using a shovel.
That is as far as I can reach.
A nice bucket full of soil and the hole grows in size.
We will need more stone and will do
it shortly.
There is the lumber for the window
well. Hopefully the window company can find the basement window because it goes
in before we can build the window well. You will see why later.
We are talking about the placement
of the old water line that is to go into the basement.
As we stand in the hole up to our
shoulders, Jon and I have some good conversation and then it is back to work.









No comments:
Post a Comment