Every day Denny stops by the job
site with his camera and takes pictures for me. During the evening I sort out
what I want for a short story of the day’s activities.
Today the joints were taped. Here is
the dad working on the corner at the ceiling in the garage.
His son is
working in the back corner.
When Jon
came home from work we put in the new kitchen window in place of the double
hung one that was there.
At the
window Denny noticed the blood on my arm, my thumb nail that was falling off,
and my beat up index finger and wanted a picture. Early in the summer a plank
fell on my thumb killing my thumb nail and today I poked my arm on something
and it bled for a while. When nailing in a very tight spot on the siding my
hammer slipped off the nail and split the end of my finger. You just grunt some
when it happens and keep on working, stopping now and then to wipe off the
blood so you can hold onto the nails. It is just part of the job. My brother
had his thumb nail ripped right off back the end of May and the block layer
lost his thumb nail also. That is three thumb nails on this job. Not bad!
The view
from the kitchen sink through the new window.
I finished
the north side of the garage today.
Jon and I
installed the garage door jamb. I will add PVC to it tomorrow. The garage door
will be installed on Friday.
I am
ripping a two by six down to size for the door jamb.
I had Jon
work on the fascia while I cut the door jambs.
The pieces
were a little too wide.
A
good fit. Nice work Jon.
Good job.
Watch the finger and treat my hammer with care.













No comments:
Post a Comment