It is August already and I am back
from my short vacation. I had the chance to travel to Michigan and visit with
my sister and her husband and also my son. I also had breakfast with long ago
neighbors. It was a good time.
If you are reading this on Monday I
should be busy at work on the house. Let us use this entry to get caught up
with the project.
In the last blog we had the shingles
delivered to the roof that was not quite finished yet. I still had to build the
roof over the front entry.
As the shingles come off the
elevator we take them and placed them along the roof so they will be near where
we will use them.
Some crushed stone was needed in the
garage in preparation for pouring the concrete floor. We also need some stone
in the basement window well as well as some other applications so we had a
truck load brought out. This truck has a high speed belt that swings around
from the side of the truck to extend out the back to throw the stones around
inside the garage.
The next day the concrete arrived
and the garage floor was poured.
The roof over entryway is now done
and we began to build up the driveway in front of the garage. I still need to
build a narrow roof across the front of the garage above the garage door for
looks.
The roof to direct the water away
from the wall of the old house is also finished. The old roof under the new
roof is yet to be removed and replaced with a wall up to the ceiling. A center
support post is needed to support the roof in case of a heavy snow load.
Two verses that relate to tools that
I found interesting are found in Isaiah. The first is:
“Is the axe to boast itself over the
one who chops with it? Is the saw to exalt over the one who wields it? That
would be like a club wielding those who lift it, or like a rod lifting him who
is not wood” (Isaiah 10:15, NASB).
It is not the tools that do the
work, but the worker using the tools. When it comes to spiritual work we are the
tools and God is the worker, but frequently we try to do the work without God.
The second verse is:
“And I will make justice the
measuring-line, and righteousness the level” (Isaiah 28:17, NASB).
It is interesting to see the kind of
tools God has.

No comments:
Post a Comment