On May 4, 2009, I took the following picture of the ferry landing under construction. What I want you to notice is the water level and where the ramp on the right is located. The left end of the ramp is up tight to the structure. Also notice the position of the floor in the structure. At that time the river was at normal level.

Several days ago I noticed that the floor had been moved down to the lowest position, but that the ramp was still up tight to the structure. When I went back three days ago I noticed the ramp was parallel to a concrete ramp underneath it. I realized that if the river went any lower the top ramp would set on the concrete ramp. The next day when I went back I noticed that during the night, when the ferry landing was not being used, they extended the ramp and moved the ferry landing out farther into the river as seen in the following picture.

I also noticed that I had taken exactly 1000 pictures between these two pictures. I sure am glad I am not paying for film and its development.
Comparing the two pictures you can clearly see that the river is low.

On September 1 the river was up to the dark line on the concrete forcing the two homeless men to higher ground under the stairway where the white sheet is hanging.

Another view of the ramp extended out as far as it can go. A ferry had just docked and people were getting off. Two were going down the ramp to get on.

The floor of the landing can be raised or lowered and secured at the positions shown in the picture.

Several days ago I noticed that the floor had been moved down to the lowest position, but that the ramp was still up tight to the structure. When I went back three days ago I noticed the ramp was parallel to a concrete ramp underneath it. I realized that if the river went any lower the top ramp would set on the concrete ramp. The next day when I went back I noticed that during the night, when the ferry landing was not being used, they extended the ramp and moved the ferry landing out farther into the river as seen in the following picture.

I also noticed that I had taken exactly 1000 pictures between these two pictures. I sure am glad I am not paying for film and its development.
Comparing the two pictures you can clearly see that the river is low.

On September 1 the river was up to the dark line on the concrete forcing the two homeless men to higher ground under the stairway where the white sheet is hanging.

Another view of the ramp extended out as far as it can go. A ferry had just docked and people were getting off. Two were going down the ramp to get on.

The floor of the landing can be raised or lowered and secured at the positions shown in the picture.
