A container is a type of packaging used to contain something. Containers come in all shapes and sizes and are made from various kinds of materials. They may have a temporary or a long term use, depending upon its contents. It may be used once and destroyed or reused many times.
As I was out for my morning walk, stair climb and jog, I noticed a growing number of people as time passed. I thought about them as containers. They come in different sizes and shapes and inside each one is a space designed like a womb that can contain life. Originally the container is dark inside and the womb area is empty. For most people - containers - the inside remains dark and that special area stays empty and eventually the container gets old and is no longer of any value and is taken out of circulation.
For some of the containers, something special happens and the seed of God finds its way into the womb area, like in the case of Mary, and a new life is formed. For us the Bible defines this life as a new creature in Christ. It is eternal and I believe, like Jesus, is sinless. Of course the container containing this new life is not sinless. God promises that he will transform this new creature into maturity in the nature of Jesus Christ. Then one day when the container has served its purpose it is eliminated and the new creature in Christ goes on to live forever with the living God.
If the container is empty it is under the control of sin. If the container contains life from God then it will begin to reveal that and that container is set apart from the empty ones as being different. As I walk the streets and climb the stairs I am praying about these containers around me. What are their contents? Are they dark inside with no life in the womb or has God turned on the lights and put life in the womb?
You have to admit, I do have some interesting thoughts on my early morning walks. It is a refreshing time. Now for breakfast!
As I was out for my morning walk, stair climb and jog, I noticed a growing number of people as time passed. I thought about them as containers. They come in different sizes and shapes and inside each one is a space designed like a womb that can contain life. Originally the container is dark inside and the womb area is empty. For most people - containers - the inside remains dark and that special area stays empty and eventually the container gets old and is no longer of any value and is taken out of circulation.
For some of the containers, something special happens and the seed of God finds its way into the womb area, like in the case of Mary, and a new life is formed. For us the Bible defines this life as a new creature in Christ. It is eternal and I believe, like Jesus, is sinless. Of course the container containing this new life is not sinless. God promises that he will transform this new creature into maturity in the nature of Jesus Christ. Then one day when the container has served its purpose it is eliminated and the new creature in Christ goes on to live forever with the living God.
If the container is empty it is under the control of sin. If the container contains life from God then it will begin to reveal that and that container is set apart from the empty ones as being different. As I walk the streets and climb the stairs I am praying about these containers around me. What are their contents? Are they dark inside with no life in the womb or has God turned on the lights and put life in the womb?
You have to admit, I do have some interesting thoughts on my early morning walks. It is a refreshing time. Now for breakfast!
