People have been asking me when I was going to write more entries about progress with the kitchen project. The reason for no entries is because there has not been any progress. I have been so busy doing lawn and garden work that I haven't even thought about the kitchen.
As the work outside got caught up and knowing that my two younger grandkids would be coming for a visit, I knew I needed to make time to put one more coat of paint on the wall cabinet doors, mount the hardware, and put the doors up out of their reach. I found an open day and did the painting. The next day I needed to drive down to SFA University and pick up Jiajing and bring her back to live with us for the summer. The next day was spent trying to get her enrolled into summer school at Collin Community College. There is still more to do. The next day I would have to travel to the airport to pickup my daughter and two grandkids.
I decided to spend several hours the evening before the grandkids came to get as many of the doors up as I could. I didn't quite finish, but felt I had time to finish in the morning. As I was finishing the last door I thought I would shoot some pictures and show how the hardware is mounted. I was in a hurry and I see now that my focus was a bit off.
Each door has three hinges, which come apart. The direction say to mount one part on the door and the other part on the cabinet. That requires a lot of measuring. I mount the hinge on the door as shown in the following picture. I put a piece of blue tape on a clamp to mark the bottom of the door. By setting the door on the clamp, I can than mark where to punch holes for screws. It is a very quick and accurate way to position the hinges on the cabinet.
Next I take the hinge apart and mount the half that goes on the cabinet.
The door can then be easily mounted and adjustments made for a nice fit.
I will have more kitchen pictures in about a week. Again there are other things that need my attention.




No comments:
Post a Comment