Now that I am back in the states I am finding a pile of work in front of me that has my name on it. I must get caught up and organized again and as a result I think it is wise to go back to three blog entries each week. That will be less for you to read and less work for me.
It has finally stopped raining in Texas and with the sun out and a light breeze, things will start drying out. This means I will have outside work to do; lawn and garden work in particular. There is old mail to catch up on and the kitchen upstairs to finish. I really want to get back to the Colossians devotional I started to write.
I stopped by the garden to see how it was doing. The asparagus is done for the season. When the ground dries some I will need to clean out some weeds and grass.
I checked out my grapes and see they are forming fruit. I also see some brown spots on a leaf. I need to check that out.
Over at the main garden things are looking pretty good. We have been eating beet greens, but now the beets are big enough to eat the root part. It will be a few weeks before the carrots will be ready. The swiss chard has gotten too big and will need to be trimmed back to encourage a new growth of new leaves, which are wonderful to eat raw or cooked.
Next are string beans, both green and yellow. There are some plants missing. The late frost got them.
Next are several varieties of summer squash. In two weeks there will be more that we can eat.
Next are the tomatoes, cauliflower, etc. The tomatoes need to be staked. In the background is a row of watermelon, cantaloupes, and winter squash. They are not growing very well as it has been too wet. For a day they were under water after a very heavy rain.
With warm dry weather in the forecast this week, the garden should really grow.






