As you can tell from my blog entries, my interest focuses on Construction, things that grow and God. I have a mind for those things as I can retain images in my mind, but find it next to impossible to remember words. That is why I have been coming to China for five years and still don't know the language. I can work and work to learn a Chinese word and in five minutes its gone, but show me a construction site and I will remember it for years.
Last year I became intrigued by the construction of a bridge that I would go by on my bus rides to church to teach or worship. I made it a point to stop one day with my camera and take a series of pictures. A few days ago I went back to take another series of pictures. I will show progress in this blog.
Let us start with a picture I took of a picture of how the finished project should look when finished.
The bridge carrying traffic going left and right is finished - well almost. The two left turns from the cross road are being built now. My focus will be the one coming in from the top of the picture. It will connect to the road that ends at the top of the column in the next picture.
Notice the building in the background. It was in the way and is being taken down, not with machine power, but with human power. Workers pound their way through walls and floors, cutting the building into vertical sections, which they pull over and break up into small pieces.
This left turn lane connects at the blue sign, in the above picture, and comes through the area where the building was.
The traffic, in the above picture, that turns right will do so on the ground level. That going straight through will also do so on ground level, but that wishing to make a left turn will rise to the top level to merge into the left lane of traffic going left at that level. Traffic merging left from the other direction will do so at the second level.
The above picture shows how they are cutting the building into vertical sections.
One more view. On my next trip I will show the columns for the roadway.
Just six months ago traffic looked like in the above picture. Now it freely flows and backs up at the next major intersection.
The blue sign at the top of the above picture is where the road will connect for traffic making a left turn onto the main road.
Tomorrow we will talk about food. Today begins the Philippians devotional series. Check the link on the right side of this blog.








