Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It Is Time

If it is not done by now it isn't going to get done and there are some things on that to do list that will not have a check mark beside them. Just a few more hours before bedtime and a few hours of sleep before the alarm goes off at three in the morning and the great travel marathon begins. There is always some apprehension, but as each part of the flight is completed the apprehension becomes less. Have I packed everything and thought of everything? I have clothes and personal things in China, but I always wonder what I left there.

This trip is definitely different than all the others. Without realizing it I am a member of two families. Jiajing is like an adopted daughter to me and I am part of her family. I have an interest and a connection to her family that my family doesn't really understand. I find that I am presented with a unique set of opportunities, but at the same time a unique set of problems. Some of these problems are like those of a blended family. I must find time to do some writing on what I have experienced and learned through my time in China. I long to see what God has planned for me on this trip.

I stopped by my church today to check on my financial support. My team is so special as they have underwritten the expenses of this trip. If they are faithful and pray as they have given, there will be an exciting report when I return the end of May. Just saying, "Thank you." hardly seems enough. I pray that God will bless those faithful ones on my team and encourage those who are watching from the side lines to take their place on the field of action. The Lord is such a great coach.

This is such a special time as I sense the Father and I making final preparations. In a few hours I can sit with him and feel his presence as we travel and spend time together. I have some special memories of our travels in the past.

I must say goodbye for now, but we will get together from China.