As I start to write this it was 1:32 PM on Wednesday, April 22. It has been a special spring day with the sun out and the air unusually clear. It is in the upper seventies with a light breeze. You couldn't ask for a much nicer day.
I was up early this morning and put together and scheduled four blog entries to post on April 26 - 29. I ate breakfast with Jiajing's parents this morning, which I usually do. I also eat dinner in the evening with them, but lunch is my responsibility. This way I am free to come and go and do what I plan to do. If I am not here in the evening I tell them and if they are to be out they tell me. It is a very good arrangement.
Since it was so nice I decided to take the ferry across the Yangtze River, go to the shopping walk and find a good place to sit and pray for all the people there. I returned to where I live and got a bite to eat and sat down to write this.
On the way to the ferry I stopped to take a picture looking down stream. You can tell it is downstream because docked boats always point upstream. You must dock going upstream.
I then turned to my left and took several pictures of the new ferry landing being constructed. The first picture shows a bridge coming down to a structure containing a square platform that can be raised or lowered as the river level changes.
The next picture shows the bridge going out to the ferry landing.
There is a second river of much cleaner water that empties into the Yangtze. The picture shows the cleaner water and a bridge framing some city buildings.
As we continued I noticed a large boat that was about to cross in front of us.
We got closer.
But as hard as we tried we couldn't run into it.
On the other side of the river, they are also building a new landing. With a new landing on both sides of the river, I wonder if they will raise the price of the trip across.
I sat here to pray for awhile. Not many people today as compared to a day like Saturday when it is wall to wall people.
Just down the walk in the above picture and then around the corner is a place I enjoy going to for lunch. I went there today to take a picture, not to eat.
Back at the landing, as we waited for the ferry to come, this large barge loaded with sand went by headed up river.
That was sure many pictures today.











