Saturday was a special day when Charles and his mother came to visit and Charles was able to set up my wireless equipment that I brought from my old apartment. That enabled me to get on the internet without going to some public wireless location. I was not able to hook up direct because it seems that the network adaptor on my new laptop doesn't work. It has been one of those trial makers that I am suppose to develop character from.
Sunday was another great day; at least it started out that way. Because of my teaching at the church I have many friends and when I show up after being gone for several months they get very excited. Some wave as I walk in, others shake my hand and wish they could speak English or that I could understand Chinese. After church Joy my interpreter asked if I would come back on Tuesday and teach her class. There was no way I could prepare for that and said no. Jiajing's mom and I then went to a wedding, which was very nice. Then Sunday evening another trial comes along. Blogger would not work correctly, preventing me from developing a blog entry. I was dead tired and now very stressed out so I needed time with the Lord and some sleep.
Monday morning the problem was still there so I did a search in Blogger help and found that another person had the same problem as I now have. The only help that was posted was to try certain things, half of which I didn't understand so I decided to try different servers to see if I could get around the problem. At the time I was using the Firefox server. I tried to open Blogger using the AOL server and got some of my functions back. At least it worked, somewhat. I decided to try the Explorer server and that resulted in even more functions, which makes me feel much better.
By now it was ten in the morning and I decided to take the bus and ride for an hour to where I used to live and get a haircut. There is a lady over there that gives me a nice haircut for about eighty cents. I have been there enough so that she remembers me, even when I am gone for four months. With my hair now the right length I decided to walk down the street to Giano's and get a western sandwich. I enjoy going there because I know the Chinese owner and usually talk with her when I go there. She is married, but her husband lives in New York city. She goes back every six months to say hi and satisfy passport requirements, but she spends most of her time living here in Wuhan, China.
After lunch I headed to the world's longest pedestrian walk to get some pictures so that I could write some blog updates on the progress. With so much material I am going to return to my daily format. We will start tomorrow with some interesting updates.
