On
my first visit to the Breakfast Street on this trip there was definitely
something wrong. One part of the street was closed and another part had a
barrier across the entrance. I had the impression that many of the original food
shops were no longer there. I went back to investigate and was pleasantly
pleased. Let me show you what I found.
I
found a lot of people. It is really quite an experience to work your way
through a crowd like that, find the food you want to eat, buy it, and then try
to eat it as you move along with the crowd. If you can’t stand being close
to people, you won’t like it here. Imagine an oversized American existing in
that crowd. I can’t. When I am back in America it seems weird to stand in line
for something and have space between you and the next person. It seems like a
waist of space. Maybe that is a reason why I feel so alone in America.
Just
after I took the first picture, a three wheeled bike loaded with windows
decided this was a good route to take. He just pushes his way through the
crowd, like that oversized person I mentioned above. Unfortunately, the arrival
of American junk food is causing Chinese to become oversized also.
A
little farther up the street the crowd was thinner and allowed breathing and
movement to be more normal.
That
is the direction we came from.
That
is the direction to another entrance. Do you see the car in the right of the
above picture? That is perfectly normal here. Really, this is a very cool place
to eat and where I have lunch on a regular basis. Would you like to join me for
lunch someday? Say, what’s that you’re eating? On second thought, I think I
will let you eat alone.
On
our way back home why don’t we pick up some meat for a future meal?

No comments:
Post a Comment