Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Trip to India

If I made my connections I should be sleeping in New Delhi. Tuesday morning, May 11, Jiajing’s dad was to take me to the Wuhan airport where I will take a midmorning flight to Hong Kong. There I would connect with a late afternoon flight to New Delhi, arriving at 9:10 PM, and then from the airport to the Radisson Hotel for some sleep.

In the morning I will catch a late morning flight to Chennai, where I am trying to set up a meeting with a field rep from World Vision. At this time of writing those arrangements have not been finalized as the process has been painfully slow. From Chennai I would have gone on to Sri Lanka with the Jesus Film team, but at the last minute the trip got canceled because of political reasons. Maybe we can make it in next year.

Very late in the afternoon, the same day I arrive, I will head back to New Delhi, but will not stay overnight. I will catch the red eye flight to Hong Kong and sleep on the way. In Hong Kong I will catch a late morning flight back to Wuhan and there take a bus back to the city. I will catch another bus back home in time for a nap.

Somewhere north of Chennai is the area where the child we are supporting lives. Here in China I spend time doing prayer walks, which I believe is an important part of my work. This trip is designed as a prayer flight. I want the experience of flying in and out of India. I am on an information gathering trip so that I have some pictures in mind and some understanding of what it is like over there. I want to be a more effective person of prayer for the area of southeast India. I want to learn more about my involvement there. One year from now I would like to spend some time there and this trip is in preparation for that. Since I hold a ten year visa to India, God is going to have to provide me with a few more years of good health and strength because in ten years I will be nearly 84.

No comments: