Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rural Living

On Saturday, the start of May Holiday, Jiajing’s mom, dad, and grandmother, along with one of my email student friends went for a little trip out in the country to see some sights and have a good Chinese meal. One of the sights was a stop at a country home where I worked in some pictures. The one I really wanted was of the old farm kitchen. With the noon meal being cooked for the family, I didn’t feel comfortable taking the picture. I was somewhat uncomfortable passing through their home, but it was a very valuable experience for me. It is an experience I would like to live in for a day or two to really gain a good understanding of what their living is like. How difficult would it be for me to adjust to that kind of living? What health issues would I have and what care for my body would I have to give up?

The following picture shows several homes connected together. We visited the one on the end. We walked in the back where the kitchen was and came out the front.

The next picture is of the master bedroom. How is that for comfort and convenience? Are you ready to stay for the night?

A great lock on the bedroom door. What I call simple and it will do the job.

We can’t forget the eating area.

I angled up the camera to get a ceiling shot. It is not like your ceiling is it? Think of living in here when it is snowing outside or when it is 110 in the summer; and it is not uncommon to get that hot here along with high humidity. Real comfort! Are you ready to make a reservation for the night? You will have to form a line behind me.

Visiting this home stimulated some very special conversation with my email friend. We had a special time together. I hope we can have more times together.

No comments: