The clock on the wall says it is time and so does my tummy. Let us take a walk down to the Breakfast Street and make some selections. I am going to show you some colorful food pictures that will make your mouth water. Your task is to simply makes some choices and enjoy a great meal. Ready?
Did you make some choices? If you chose the corn you will be very disappointed. It is not tender and sweet like in America, but is tough and starchy like our cows eat. There is some sweet corn around, but not much. Chinese grew up on field corn and so have learned to like it. Give a nice sweet, tender ear of corn like we like to a Chinese and the odds are they won’t like it. You tend to like what you grew up on.
Do you need more choices?
You liked those choices? I have had several items from here. You simply have to learn how to eat them and not think about what you are eating and enjoy a good flavor.
Let us look further.
Some of the meat on those sticks is like eating fire, but I can’t seem to resist. They are so good. I know, the gal in the booth is ignoring me; that is because I have a camera and not an order for food.
I know for sure you will make some choices here. The biggest problem is not taste, but overcoming what your mind is saying to you if you even think about eating one of those things. Also, there is a learning curve in knowing how to eat them and what to eat. I have found it to be a lesson in humility to eat things from this counter in the company of an experienced Chinese.
I know you must have a plate full by know, but there is one more stops we will make out of probably 100 others. The food on the griddle is a good choice.
There are some nice fruit choices and so much more. The gal in the window doesn’t seem to have a Chinese profile. I wonder how she fits in.
That was really a good meal wasn’t it? Sure we can go back for seconds!

No comments:
Post a Comment