Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Go Back

It was Tuesday morning and I had just finishing placing my India trip information on the scheduler so it would post while I was traveling and I felt this urge to go for a prayer walk, even though it looked and felt like rain. In obedience I left, but stopped at the construction site at the end of my street for a look.


I was told this morning that there will be a six story building erected here to be used for a school in which English is taught, but more about that conversation later. The construction site was a vacant lot filled with trees as shown in the picture below, which was taken November 12, 2008. I live just down the street beyond where those three busses are trying to get by each other. There is an alley to the left of those busses that goes to a smaller alley that goes to the entrance of where I live.


There is also a small alley off the main street to where I live, as seen in the next picture. It is kind of cool coming back here in the dark of night when it is raining.


After watching a short while, I crossed the street for a walk along the river walk, but noticed an electronic device set up on the walkway for the purpose of establishing the location of some more piers for the building across the street. I watched for awhile, but they were watching me. I have spent enough time here that they now recognize me.

I left and walked along the river walk and as I came to a popular exercise area, it started to sprinkle. I waited for awhile and then decided to push on, but something inside me said not to, but to turn back and head toward home. I retraced my steps back to the construction site to watch some more since it had stopped sprinkling.

As I watched a young fellow came up to me and asked if I spoke English. Since I answered his question, he knew that I did. He asked me if I was looking for something and I told him that I was just interested in the work being done. I explained to him what I had observed. He was rather amazed that I understood exactly what they were doing and that they were about done with the pier phase of construction. The young man, whose name is Tim, explained that he is the son of the man who owns the construction company doing the pier work. He said that they had five more piers to put down and they would leave and another subcontractor would come in to erect the concrete frame.

What a joy it was for both of us to talk, but then after about 20 minutes it started to sprinkle harder, so I left for home. I must get back to see him again if I can as this is his last week at this site. Here is a young man who studied in Australia, who is being trained to take over his dad’s business someday. There is something about this young man I really like. Had I not responded to that inner sense to turn back, I would have missed my chance to talk with him. If I had not responded to the urge to go for a prayer walk, I wouldn’t have been out here in the first place. We need to be still and listen to what God has to say to us and then there is a better chance that life will be a tremendous adventure with him. That has been my experience.

No comments: