A few blog entries ago I went looking for my city map of Wuhan and couldn’t find it. I was sure it was here in the room someplace, but I didn’t know where. As I lay in bed that night I remembered where it was. It was on my desk in the other apartment. It was one of the few items that didn’t get moved yet.
Today is Monday and I decided to go back to the old apartment and finish picking up and do some more cleaning. As I picked up things on my desk there was the map right where I had put it. This time I very carefully put in my backpack so I would be sure it would go with me to my new address.
When I arrived home I unloaded my backpack, selected the map and laid it out on my desk here and took a picture of it and loaded it onto my laptop. I then copied it into Paint and inserted two short black lines; one horizontal and the other vertical. In the picture below I hope you can find the lines in the center of the map.

The left end of the horizontal line points to the TV tower I wrote about earlier. The bottom of the vertical line points to where I now live. What I wanted to show was the three parts of Wuhan: Hankou, Hanyang, and Wuchang.
Hankou is the upper left part bounded with the Hanjiang River at the bottom and the Changjiang River (Yangzi River) on the right side. As I look across the river, on clear days, you can see a nice city skyline.
Hanyang is the lower left part bounded with the Hanjiang River at the top and the Changjiang River on the right side. That skyline shows only a few buildings.
Wuchang is the large portion to the right of the Changjiang River. That is where I have lived and still do.
Today is Monday and I decided to go back to the old apartment and finish picking up and do some more cleaning. As I picked up things on my desk there was the map right where I had put it. This time I very carefully put in my backpack so I would be sure it would go with me to my new address.
When I arrived home I unloaded my backpack, selected the map and laid it out on my desk here and took a picture of it and loaded it onto my laptop. I then copied it into Paint and inserted two short black lines; one horizontal and the other vertical. In the picture below I hope you can find the lines in the center of the map.
The left end of the horizontal line points to the TV tower I wrote about earlier. The bottom of the vertical line points to where I now live. What I wanted to show was the three parts of Wuhan: Hankou, Hanyang, and Wuchang.
Hankou is the upper left part bounded with the Hanjiang River at the bottom and the Changjiang River (Yangzi River) on the right side. As I look across the river, on clear days, you can see a nice city skyline.
Hanyang is the lower left part bounded with the Hanjiang River at the top and the Changjiang River on the right side. That skyline shows only a few buildings.
Wuchang is the large portion to the right of the Changjiang River. That is where I have lived and still do.
