When we came home from church on Sunday we stopped by the local fish market for some fresh fish. I had my camera with me at the time, but it was in my backpack and I was too tired to dig it out and take pictures. Today it was nice out so I decided to walk back and take some pictures. It was kind of a fun time as one fish kept jumping out of the tub onto the sidewalk. They would scope it us and throw it back in and in a minute or two it would jump back out.
As I got there an order was placed for five large fish. In the picture below one of the fish is having the outside scraped.
Once he gets it scraped he cut it in half and cleans out the insides.
I stood around for awhile and watch the process. You can be sure that you are getting fresh fish and you can watch it wiggle and squirm as they prepare him for you. The one we got Sunday wiggled and squirmed for about ten minutes as we walked home. It was sure a weird feeling.
The fish market is the first place on the left in the picture below.
As I walked out the alley I went by the local barber shop and took a picture. I wonder if I should make an appointment. When it rains I guess you just hold an umbrella.
I thought you might enjoy a little off the beaten path of life.




