Jiajing and I were at East Lake with her parents. Her mom instructed us to go for a long walk while they waited for the boat to return for us. She has a habit of doing that. She seems to sense when we need to talk about certain things and during this time several things came up. The topic for this blog is the change in her visa requirements made by the US government.
When she got her visa we could book our flight out 40 days before the required date to report to her university. Those 40 days allowed her to travel with me when I returned to the US. Arrangements were made and tickets were purchased and we thought we were all set. Then she receives this notice that the 40 days had been changed to 30 days so she thought we were still ok. We were to leave on July 21 and orientation began on August 21. She figured that for a month of 30 days everything was ok and I let it pass, but when I got home and was about ready to go to sleep I suddenly realized that July has 31 days. I got up and checked the information from her university and noticed they expected her to arrive at the airport on August 20th, which would be just 30 days. It is just close enough to make her and her family uncomfortable. I wonder what other interesting things we will experience on this trip.
This entry is scheduled to post on the eighteenth, which is just three days before we leave. Pray that we have completed all the details and that travel will go smoothly. We look forward to a great trip with our Father. Also pray for Jiajing and her parents. Their only child will be leaving them and will not return for at least four years. That is a long time to be apart and much can happen during that time.
When she got her visa we could book our flight out 40 days before the required date to report to her university. Those 40 days allowed her to travel with me when I returned to the US. Arrangements were made and tickets were purchased and we thought we were all set. Then she receives this notice that the 40 days had been changed to 30 days so she thought we were still ok. We were to leave on July 21 and orientation began on August 21. She figured that for a month of 30 days everything was ok and I let it pass, but when I got home and was about ready to go to sleep I suddenly realized that July has 31 days. I got up and checked the information from her university and noticed they expected her to arrive at the airport on August 20th, which would be just 30 days. It is just close enough to make her and her family uncomfortable. I wonder what other interesting things we will experience on this trip.
This entry is scheduled to post on the eighteenth, which is just three days before we leave. Pray that we have completed all the details and that travel will go smoothly. We look forward to a great trip with our Father. Also pray for Jiajing and her parents. Their only child will be leaving them and will not return for at least four years. That is a long time to be apart and much can happen during that time.
