Friday, July 25, 2008

Out of Time

Here it is midnight and I haven’t packed yet and I need to be ready to leave the house at six in the morning to catch a plane to Phoenix to be with Connie and the grandchildren. I will stay there for about a week and then she and I will fly to Chicago, pick up a rental car and start two weeks of travel across Michigan to western New York to see family and friends. We will meet Jiajing in Batavia, NY and after five days there, fly back to DFW to spend a week here before she goes to off to college. As I leave the house friends of ours will come to stay here. It is like musical chairs, but instead of chairs it is houses. Lack of attention in this game and I will join the homeless in the streets.

There are things I would like to write, but now packing and sleep are more important. I will catch up with you in Phoenix.