For three weeks I worked on the house belonging to David, but his brother John kept track of what we were doing and then invited me to take a look at his house and see if I could work some form of magic, better known as hard labor, and provide them with more living space and a garage. I am supposed to return next summer and help finish David’s house.
John lives out in the country with his wife and four children. They have a very old farm house in which they have invested many hours of work required to remodel and add an addition.
At the end of their driveway and to the left, the street they live on dead ends into a trail that goes back into the woods.
It is a trail at the end of a farmer’s field that lies between their house and a major railroad with a train that passes within 20 to 30 minutes of each other.
When I was a kid the two tracks used to be four; two for faster traffic and two for the slower freights. With the construction of the Interstate road system, the railroads lost a lot of business to trucking. As a result many rail lines were eliminated or reduced in size.
The trail continues across the tracks and comes out at a country club.
The country club, knows as Godfrey’s Pond, contains a small stream and a big pond. The stream is the output from Seven Springs, which runs under our farm.

No comments:
Post a Comment