Sunday I went to the first church service and then to a Bible fellowship class. Afterwards my sister and I went to Home Depot to check out materials for the deck to be built at David’s house. Next we went to Lowes to see what they had. They were a better choice. I made some notes and we decided to go to Applebee’s for dinner. My brother-in-law went to see a display of old VW’s and a display of old trucks. After a nice meal it was nap time; that was so nice. Before going to evening church service I sat down and sketched a plan for the deck and made up a materials list. Now I have something to show David Monday morning.
Monday morning came much too soon and with a forecast of a hot sunny day. I shared my deck plan and suggestions for material use and David agreed. We will probably start on Tuesday, but first we must install the siding on the front of the house. I also noticed that David had used the tractor to remove some of the old sidewalk.
We got the tools out, got set up, and went to work, first doing some miscellaneous jobs and then the siding. The next picture shows where I did the cutting.
Notice the big hunk of concrete. I am going to use the backhoe and dig a big hole next to it and push it in.
By noon the house looked as seen in the following picture.
We made measurements, made cuts and installed siding; many pieces. We drank water and wiped our faces and worked. Drank more water and wiped our faces and did more work and after a few hours we were done and also out of afternoon, but the house looked nice.
Stop by tomorrow and see what we accomplished.

No comments:
Post a Comment