Every year, for three days during the month of August, the farm show, called Empire Days, is held at Seneca Falls, New York. Many farmers come to see the latest farm equipment, watch demonstrations, and gather information to help them with their farming. I enjoy going to see the changes. When I was a baby, we farmed with horses and a small tractor by today’s standards. I have worked with many kinds and sizes. I thought I would use two blog entries to show you some pictures of farming equipment.
My brother laughed at the toy sized manure spreader, shown in the first picture, but I informed him that my neighbor in Texas has one and used it every day when he cleans the horse barn. He uses a small tractor like I own to pull it.
Nearby there was a bigger manure spreader.
There was even a bigger one. When you turn a corner those wheels also turn to prevent them from sliding.
There are small tractors like mine. This one is yellow and mine is orange.
There are also big ones. I have driven big ones like that on a big farm in Michigan. What a sense of power!
There are hay balers that can make one ton square bales.
There are some that can make round bales.
There are large tillers.
There are large planters.
There are tractors with tires and some with rubber tracks.
There is so much to see. You can buy two or three items here and spend over a million dollars. Farming can be and is a big business.
Come back next time for some more.

No comments:
Post a Comment