Monday, August 16, 2010

Start the Railings

Plans were to finish the deck floor on Monday, but rain changed our plans. It also changed our plans for Tuesday. Since it was so wet and muddy around the deck we decided to install a light post in the yard. That took us to mid morning, allowing things to dry out some.

We got the tools out and decided that David would finish the deck floor and I would layout the deck stairs. We then used the backhoe and dug out a trench for the two post used to support the stairs and its railings. We installed the two posts, backfilled, and stopped for lunch. After lunch David started work on the railings and I worked on the stairs. By the end of the day the deck was as seen in the following picture.

Wednesday will be an off day for the deck as David will be on another job and I am going to the big farm show. This is a very large display of farm equipment and demonstrations and draws people from a wide area. It is held every year in central New York State. I will have several blog entries on it later.

If you are reading this on Monday the 16th, you might pray for Connie and me as we travel back to Texas. She will be flying in from Detroit and I will be flying in from Rochester. Our planes should land within ten minutes of each other. Maria, our older daughter, will come and pick us up at DFW.

No comments: