November of 2009, Connie and I signed up to sponsor a child in India with World Vision. We were warned that it might take three to four months for mail turnaround. After four months we became a bit anxious and by six months we made an inquiry. Finally, after nine months had gone by we received not one, but four pieces of correspondence from Swathi. It was exciting to learn more about her and the environment in which she lives. In one of her letters she included a picture of herself.
And now for a close up picture.
This fall Swathi will be in the eleventh grade. From her annual progress report I learned that her progress in school is good and that the subject she likes best is English. She is normally a friendly person and wants to be a teacher when she grows up. An important value she has learned is helping others. She lives very close to the sea cost and face floods and cyclones very often. She says she lives in the slums and that her parents struggle to make ends meet. Two of her three sisters have dropped out of school before graduating.
I have a burden for her and pray for wisdom to know how to encourage her to obtain a better quality of life. I am especially burdened for her salvation. I would really like to meet her and am considering a trip there in the spring of 2011. How might God bless her and her family and others because of my interest in her?



No comments:
Post a Comment