I have traveled around China and to Tajikistan and seen many places over the last five years. I have eaten many things that I didn’t think people ate and am thankful that I have only gotten sick three times from some bacteria my body wasn’t used to in America. One of those times it put me in a Chinese hospital for five days.
I am just recovering from my third experience and for the first time in four days the thought of food doesn’t make me gag. In fact this morning when I woke up I was hungry and desired a nice bowl of noodles, like spaghetti noodles, in a broth like that from a bouillon cube, along with an egg poached in the broth, and some shavings of a green veggie. That is exactly what was served and it was so good. The noodles, egg, and veggies you eat with your chopsticks and the fluid you drink from the bowl. What a marvelous breakfast that I was so thankful for. It feels good in my stomach and hopefully will make it all the way through without a problem.
My strength is returning and I had hoped to go for a prayer walk and get some pictures along the way, but we had a heavy thunderstorm last night and it is still raining out so another day inside, at least for now. I do want to walk the university I have taught at and get some pictures of a project I have been following. I also want to stop by the world’s longest pedestrian street and take more pictures of new construction.
When it comes to giving thanks, it is hard to beat Psalm 100. I am going to include it below from the ESV Study Bible. Please do not read it in haste, but stop at each of the four parts and think for a bit. It will be worth your time amidst your busy schedule.
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
Did you take time to enjoy the Lord? I hope so.

No comments:
Post a Comment