Today is the day to do whatever needs to be done before leaving for China. My daughter will stop by the house at four in the morning on Wednesday and pick me and my luggage up and make the delivery to DFW for a 5:45 am flight to Chicago O’Hare. From there my flight leaves at 10:40 am for Shanghai, arriving there at 2:05 pm on Thursday. I cross the date line and then have to adjust time back by twelve hours. In Shanghai I have nearly a six hour wait for my flight to Wuhan. It will be a very long trip, especially after several days of hard, tiring work of getting ready.
Yesterday I finished the upstairs kitchen, – I had planned on showing pictures, but I had some things to do for Connie and Jiajing and forgot to take pictures. With a south window, I need to take night shots to get good pictures. I will try to remember to do it tonight and will then show you in a blog entry from China. – picked up my tools and other things, stood back and thought, “Well done.” It has been a long project, but a very satisfying one. I learned much from doing the work and, yes, if I were to do it again I would do some things a little differently.
Moving out of the kitchen, my next focus was the shop/garage area. It was indeed a mess and needed cleaning and rearranging so we could again get both cars in. I spent the rest of the day working there, but still have about one hour left to do today. Just before the evening meal I worked the garden over two more times with the tractor and tiller. My family will plant it near the end of the week.
As soon as I post this I will put things in my suitcases and eat breakfast and then work through my to-do list. I must have everything done that I am going to do before the evening meal. After eating I will watch NCIS with Connie and go to bed, leaving what didn’t get done, undone. I plan to use that TV program as the line in the sand of what gets done. From that program on the focus is China. Pray for a good trip with good connections. Tune in next from China.

No comments:
Post a Comment