I had just come back from walking and some praying and found Jiajing’s mom at home from work for lunch. – Her mom and dad prefer that I refer to them in this way. For one thing it keeps their names out of print. – She was moving her fingers like she was typing, which told me she wanted to talk with me using Google Translate. We had a good discussion, which I will address in a later blog entry, and then I asked her if she had eaten lunch yet. Since she didn’t I asked if she had time for me to take her out for lunch. That way she could order for me and we would both have a great lunch. She suggested a small place we could walk to and she ordered and we watched them prepare it. It was so good and only cost 20 RMB or about 3 dollars.
On the way back from lunch and her way to work, she tried to tell me something about us going to sing someplace at two. She said she would come to get me. I went home for a nap and slept beyond two. After I woke up she gestured, “Let us go.” I put on a few more layers of clothes and we left for a large church near where we live. When we got there we heard this wonderful singing. She led me into this room of about 60 people working on several choir numbers and had me sit down with them. One of the choir members, recognized me from the church I go to and have taught at, got up and came to me and took my hands and said in I think the only English she knows, “God bless you.” As the choir was singing, their focus turned from the director to me, as this was quite an unusual event.
Shortly I was accepted as a guest and practice went on as usual, but what an experience for me. What a time of worship this was. Such beautiful, professional singing it was. One number had a male solo, which was sung with a professional voice. This was indeed an experience for me in three ways. First, was to hear and enjoy their singing. Second, because of my work here in China, Jiajing’s mom is a believer and it was her heart’s desire to be here with them. It is so special to see her grow in the Lord. Third, was the response of the choir member who recognized me. She had set under my teaching for six months of instruction from the book of James. After rehearsal she came to me, with several of her friends, and opened her purse and took out her Bible. She turns to the book of James and excitedly points to it and tells her friends that I taught her this book. She treasures that learning experience and I now treasure her pointing this out to her friends. Does this help you understand why I am in China working for the Father? I don’t want to even think of my life without these experiences.
On the way back from lunch and her way to work, she tried to tell me something about us going to sing someplace at two. She said she would come to get me. I went home for a nap and slept beyond two. After I woke up she gestured, “Let us go.” I put on a few more layers of clothes and we left for a large church near where we live. When we got there we heard this wonderful singing. She led me into this room of about 60 people working on several choir numbers and had me sit down with them. One of the choir members, recognized me from the church I go to and have taught at, got up and came to me and took my hands and said in I think the only English she knows, “God bless you.” As the choir was singing, their focus turned from the director to me, as this was quite an unusual event.
Shortly I was accepted as a guest and practice went on as usual, but what an experience for me. What a time of worship this was. Such beautiful, professional singing it was. One number had a male solo, which was sung with a professional voice. This was indeed an experience for me in three ways. First, was to hear and enjoy their singing. Second, because of my work here in China, Jiajing’s mom is a believer and it was her heart’s desire to be here with them. It is so special to see her grow in the Lord. Third, was the response of the choir member who recognized me. She had set under my teaching for six months of instruction from the book of James. After rehearsal she came to me, with several of her friends, and opened her purse and took out her Bible. She turns to the book of James and excitedly points to it and tells her friends that I taught her this book. She treasures that learning experience and I now treasure her pointing this out to her friends. Does this help you understand why I am in China working for the Father? I don’t want to even think of my life without these experiences.

No comments:
Post a Comment