Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Church Again

Last Sunday it was very cold and raining and I didn’t want to go out, but I did and was blessed by the worship time. This Sunday came by and I really didn’t want to go because I was sick. I was having a problem staying out of the restroom, but at the last second I decided to go and hope for the best. Jiajing’s dad drove us over and we took the bus back.

I didn’t realize that the choir rehearsal I attended on Tuesday was in preparation for a special presentation here. It combined members from two churches and a seminary. And wouldn’t you know I didn’t bring my camera, but Jiajing’s mom did. She recorded the choir number and then two pictures at the end of the service. It is those two pictures this entry is about.

At the beginning of the service I was introduced to another family friend with an English speaking child. She had to sit next to me and her dad sat farther down the pew. I learned that she had just returned from three months in the US and had gone to church three times there. She further explained that this was her first time in a Chinese church. She was there because her dad wanted to come. It seems that Jiajing’s mom gave him one of the Christian DVD’s I brought with me and as a result he wanted to come. It was a great service built around the resurrection.
At the end of the service the girl and her dad had to have pictures with me, which I have included below.



As Amy, the English name for the girl, was ready to leave she told me that she hoped she could see me again. As she left I told her I wanted to leave with her a thought to think about. I said to her, “God loves you very much and he wants to give you the gift of eternal life.” Now I have Amy to pray for that God would use what I said to cause her to seek the truth. One person at a time and if we all did our part we would enjoy seeing the kingdom grow.

No comments: