I was planning on posting the following when I received them, but computer problems continued. I think I just finished the third rebuild. I still have some issues, like a print driver for my printer so I can print the China update letter.
I am going to include the last three emails from Lisa in this posting.
2/21/2010
Tomorrow is hopefully the last time I have to check into Xie He. My friend Sara is here now from Chengdu to take care of me in the hospital -- what a gift that is from Above!! I'll be less scared & less "helpless" feeling this round!! I can't wait to see the nurses' faces when two redheads stroll in tomorrow morning. Surgery is hopefully on Wednesday -- I have a bit of a cough but I hope they give me some kickin' medication to get rid of it!!
I had a harder time recovering from Round #2, but then the sun began to shine and my spirits lifted and so did my strength! I am ready!!!
Love you all so much and thinking of each & every one of you every day.
2/24/2010
Lisa is through surgery. Dr. Wang says it was successful. They removed all of the tumor and the surrounding tissue. The tumor was 4X5cm. I still don't understand how many lymph nodes were removed. Now she has to deal with the difference in philosophy on pain control. The Chinese believe that you have to feel pain to know if something is wrong. No amount of pleading on my part and threats to walk out on Lisa's part, have swayed the doctor.
They really don't have nursing care, Alice and I have to monitor her vitals, empty her bags and take care of her other needs. The University will hire someone who speaks English to come in tomorrow and help out so I don't have to stay here 24 hours a day. One of her students is her right now and is very attentive.
I will keep everyone informed of her progress as we go.
Sara
2/24/2010
Lisa did great today. She feels and looks great and is in no pain. They are planning on getting her up to walk tomorrow. Dr. Wang was amazed at how well she was doing today.
I relayed all of your messages from yesterday. She will probably start doing her own updates because she is sitting up and should be able to type tomorrow.
Thank you for all of your prayers, the pathology report will be back in two weeks so keep it up!
Sara
Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment