Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lisa - A Comment

The following is a comment to the last email from Lisa. Enjoy.

You know my sweet friend that you can never underestimate the power of prayer. It is alive and well in the world and what I believe to be the most powerful force on earth. I will share with you something that happened to me many years ago.

Tim and I were still in the navy. I was having some problems and went in for an abdominal ultrasound. There was a tumor about the size of a plum sitting on my uterus. I saw it with my own eyes. They schedule surgery for 3 days later. As I was laying on the hospital gurney, about to go into surgery, Tim (for the first time I was aware of) got down on his knees and prayed for me to be healed

An hour later I was in the recovery room. When the doctors opened me up the tumor was gone. Not just gone but no evidence of it ever even existing. No one had an explanation. One day it was there and 3 days later it no longer existed

Since that time, we have had so many opportunities to experience God’s holy healing power through the intervention of prayer, so take heart. He is doing a mighty work in you.

I am reading a book right now that I would share with you if I could. It is by Joyce Meyer called “The Battle Belongs to the Lord”. Just in the first few pages of reading I knew that this could also apply to you. It is talking all about fear and giving it up to the Lord. She is telling the story of King Jehosaphat and how Juda was about to be invaded by a whole slew of “ites” – the Moabites, Ammonites, etc.

In 2 Chronicles 20 2-3 it says that the first thing Jehosaphat did was “fear”. Then he turned with all his determination to the Lord. Needless to say, God came through for them, just like He will for you.

I think what I am learning is that it is okay to fear. Just don’t let it paralyze you and immediately send your needs up to our Father. He does NOT want us to suffer but DOES want us healthy and happy and bearing His fruit.

So take heart my sweet, sweet friend. He’s not done with you yet.

All my love

Kathie

No comments: