It is time for Lisa to have her second round of chemo. Here is her email relating to her experience.
Round #2 was not bad as they expected -- as of now same side effects (nausea) as last time but nothing else. I got a lot more done this time as the students are away on holiday to their home towns. So, well -- my tests are in the "excellent" zone as they say and now I'm instructed to make myself as strong as possible in the next two weeks for the upcoming surgery February 24th or 25th. I'm convinced that the global prayers & constant words of encouragement resulted in the "high marks" thus far as far as everything goes. Now, I think it would be just really so NEAT if they get into the surgery and find the tumor non-existent or the size of a peanut or something like that, don't you think? As in TOTAL HEALING already taken place -- give them something 'supernatural' to puzzle over for the rest of their lives, eh? It's neat to watch them read the cards with verses that I've pasted all over the room -- they read every single one. One of the docs asked me the other day if I had my Book this time with me too as he said he'd noticed it was important to me. Cool, huh? We were talking today of the good results of my test & I was able to tell him about the Greatest Physician of all!
Phew! I know now more about cancer, treatments, nutrition, and even anatomy than I ever thought I'd care to know. This time I had a borrowed wireless card from one of my Chinese friends to help me out with the Net issue. Next time I'll be packing light. No solid foods or water allowed three - four days prior to surgery and post surgery.
The docs just came in and said I'd "taken to the chemo" very well -- better than most Chinese patients & attribute it to my strong mind as they put it. Boy will I get skinny on the surgery thing! I can only have fluids two days before going in on February 22, then IV nutrients & water (no drinking water myself) pre-op and post-op. This I think, will be tougher than the chemo. I won't be allowed to move AT ALL apparently for three days -- I hope they have a strong sedative. I can barely sit still in bed now -- hopefully I'll be so out of it, I can comply.
Thank you all for EVERYTHING you've done and said and continue to do!!! :) What an amazing ' family'!

No comments:
Post a Comment