As Lisa waits for her operation to be scheduled, she finds herself busy doing other things. Let us check in on her and see what life is like for her in China at this time.
Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!
Remember this song? One of my favorite songs.
When I was bouncing from one major to another (and even from one college to another) about 27 years ago, I wondered then and throughout my hodge-podge feeling life that led me finally to China, where in the world was all this going to lead to someday? Throughout the years, I tried to get into radio or TV, and was somewhat successful for about three years in radio in Albuquerque, although not what I envisioned or wanted to be. How ambitious I was! I just wanted to make a difference in this crazy world, and for decades it has seemed I just couldn't do it! One day, in Albuquerque in my apartment I remembered my decision to move to a small town called Longview for no apparent good reason other than it was home and to move there! So I picked up my few belongings and moved to Texas, and for two years struggled to just get a full time JOB there, much less continue in radio. Did I make a mistake? Did I misunderstand the new directions from above? As a teen I'd been inspired by a preacher, Paul Levine, that to find His will take one step at a time and to "NO MATTER WHAT" be faithful and obey, and God would take care of the rest. For those who know me, they know I'm not very good at taking one step at a time. I like to leap and run! I pushed on, one disappointing temporary job lead after another falling deeper and deeper into doubt after each frustrating dead end. Eventually, I got a pretty cool job at the police department there -- ha, ha -- do some of you remember how I didn't really want to work there and purposely tried to botch the interview for fear of landing in the middle of a "control-freak land" I was sure would last only a day? But He had other plans, and they hired me anyway, and it was a great JOB! "Aha", I thought, "Now I'm gonna settle down and make some money!". Then came a chance to visit China -- again, I had no inclination or belief of anything beyond that trip, but the command was definite and so I shrugged my shoulders, and said, "Ok". I couldn't or didn't see the opportunities beyond that of just teaching. Heck, I wasn't even sure I could teach! I obeyed and now started my second year of teaching found a multitude of opportunities teaching and BEYOND my wildest imaginings.
Today I went to my first recording in a sound studio recording a kindergarten level story (playing a Chicken Little type character) -- a dream so far crammed back into my memory of hopes, I'd almost forgotten it. There was laughter between me and my newly formed colleagues, as if we had known each other for years instead of just a few hours. I was amazed at the ease in which everything went and how much sheer joy was present between us total strangers! It was so much fun! I loved being in a radio studio again and making silly "chickie" sounds and reading cute little rhymes & things. And SINGING! Singing nursery rhymes too! Additionally, thankfully, this company (called Allkids) are so kind and not at all like the other company I bailed on after they didn't pay up right away. This one paid on the spot! Anyway, I'm sure it will be a long & fruitful professional relationship and who knows what roadways are opened, eh?
A light bulb blinked steadily into my brain reminding me of my desire to voice act in a children's setting two decades ago! This was one of my dreams coming true in the most amazing and wonderful way! Where did it start? It started when I started learning how trust and obey two, no maybe five years ago in Albuquerque. I'm now so excited to see what Father will do in the hospital! I can hardly wait to see how it will turn out!
Some keep asking why I'm not in Hong Kong or Beijing or America for treatment. The answer is simple. This is my home away from home for now. This is where I'm supposed to be in the middle of His hands. Forget the cup! My rain barrel is full and overflowing!
Always, Lisa
I have met so many different people in China and as a result a big part of my life is there. My heart aches to think of the day when I will no longer be able to travel there.

No comments:
Post a Comment